Learn How To Roof
Thanks for visiting your one stop shop on learning How to Roof.
This website will walk you, step-by-step, through the process of roofing installation, roofing removal, and roofing repair. Roofing may seem overwhelming at times, but most roofs can be easily replaced or repaired. It is not complicated, though it requires patience, hard work, and a good set of tools.
Depending on your roofs height, pitch, and location, it may be a better option to hire a professional. We will help you decide if taking on this roofing project is the right decision for you, or if you should hire a professional. In the event that you do hire a professional, we will guide you on what to look for in a roofing contractor as well as provide information so that you may calculate your roofs cost.
The average roof can cost from eight to fifteen thousand dollars depending on your location, pitch, height, and roof condition. That being said, the largest portion of your roofing cost comes from labor.
Often contractors will charge from 100-180 dollars per square for labor. As in regards to roofing repairs, most contractors will not offer any guarantee on roofing repairs since it is next to impossible to determine where a leak originates. The rates for a contractor conducting these roofing repairs can range from 20-50 dollars an hour.
Understanding the labor cost can help highlight the savings of learning how to roof yourself. Now that we know roughly what a contractor charges for roofs, here we can see the monetary benefits of learning how to roof your own home.
If the average roof size is 25 squares (2,500 square feet) that is a savings in labor cost of $2,500-$4,375 for doing the roof yourself. Therefore the larger your roof is the more savings that you will have. However, that is not all savings; keep in mind you will also have to purchase tools if you do not own any and possibly safety equipment such as toe boards.
You will always want to check with your local government office to find out local building codes and any permits that maybe needed. This is important especially when it comes to disposal of existing shingles, or if there is a building code that forbids new shingles being laid over existing shingles.
It is a fairly easy process to learn how to roof and we will guide you every step of the way. The first step and most important step is to decide if you should tackle this roof on your own. Look through all the site pages to make a well informed decision before you begin any commitment.
We wish you best of luck on your endeavor and how-to-roof.com will be there every step of the way.
Table of Content
- roof estimator
- Welcome to roof estimator page where we will teach you how to make a material and price list.
- roof cost
- This site offers a guide to establish your roof cost to replace it
- roof calculator
- Welcome to the roof calculator page where we will teach you how to calculate your roofs dimensions which will help you establish a material list.
- roofing safety
- Learn how important roofing safety is and how easy it is to be safe while roofing.
- roofing inspection
- Learn how to perform a roofing inspection on your home saving yourself money in the future
- roofing tools
- Learn what roofing tools are needed to install a new roof
- Roofing Tear Off
- Learn how the roofing tear off process works with this easy to follow guide
- Roofing Disposal
- Learn about the roofing disposal process and the dumpster size you will need.
- Installing ice and water
- Learn how installing ice and water shield on your roof can be easy with this step by stepguide
- installing tar paper
- Learn how installing tar paper on your roof can be easy with this step by stepguide
- installing drip edge
- Learn how installing drip edge on your roof can be easy with this step by step guide
- installing starter strip
- Learn how installing starter strip on your roof can be easy with this step by stepguide
- installing Shingles
- Learn how installing shingles on your roof can be easy with this step by step guide
- shingle placement
- Here we show you about shingle placement upon delivery.
- installing roofing boots
- Learn how installing roofing boots on your roof can be easy with this step by stepguide
- roof valley
- Learn how installing a roof valley on your roof can be easy with this step by step guide
- installing ridge vent
- Learn how installing ridge vent on your roof can be easy with this step by stepguide
- roof repair
- Learn how to make your own roof repair easy with this step by step guide
- roofing questions
- Share your roofing questions
- diy resources
- Welcome to the DYI resources page
- metal roofing
- Learn the the possible benefits that a metal roofing system can provide for your home
- roofing materials residential
- Welcome to roofing materials residential page where we have outlined all the materials for your project
- How To Roof Blog
- Stay current with on of the How To Roof updates.